What people usually do when shopping for Christmas gifts is procastinate until the very last minute. This is where the term “Christmas rush” was coined – everybody rushing to get things done last minute before Christmas Eve. Now, while this may have been an acquired custom or tradition for some, it most certainly doesn’t have to apply to you too. Procastination will never get you anywhere – it will just get you stressed, frustrated, overwhelmed and remorseful, wishing you have done things earlier.
Fear not, there is still time before Christmas happens when you could make things happen without procastinating the last minute. Here are some benefits individuals who are early to complete their Christmas shopping have shared:
- They don’t have to cope with all the stress that the holiday rush can bring – traffic, overcrowded malls and out of stock items.
- They get additional precious time enjoying what the holiday can bring – reunion with loved ones and friends without the stress of not being able to bring gifts, the leisurely way of wrapping presents and just spending time to “just be”.
- Most importantly, people who complete their shopping early actually save more. They take advantage of sales and offers all year-round. Most stores actually jack up their prices a notch, then put them on “sale”, practically just offering it at the same price, without people knowing better (this is a common practice unfortunately).
One of the ways people actually finish shopping early is by shopping for everything online with the help of a Christmas shopping catalogue . It works like your usual traditional catalogue but the presentation is done online and you can order directly from there too. Here’s how it helps:
- Consumers prefer to shop via catalogue sites because of the sheer number of variety. Catalogue sites offer products for everyone under every category imaginable.
- Consumers prefer to shop via catalogue sites because it saves time when it comes to ordering and more importantly, coming up with ideas for gifts. Catalogue sites usually present gift ideas per bundle, per age, gender and category that is easy to scroll through. They also present ideas in a way that everything is there already – you only have to click and order. This is a huge deal for consumers who are always pressed for time and don’t have the creative energy to think of special gifts to give away.
- Consumers prefer to shop via catalogue sites because it saves them money. While people usually procastinate when it comes to holiday shopping because most wait for their holiday bonuses to come in, you can easily solve this problem by shopping through catalogue web sites that offer credit accounts that allow you pay on terms, or installment, or better yet, have “Buy Now & Pay Later” features. This allows people to carefully plan out their shopping, map their budgets, order their gifts ahead of time and just really enjoy the holidays when it comes.
So don’t procastinate. Shop early!